Saturday 14 December 2013

Oh so very orange Christmas Tree!

Last year I saw fluro orange and fluoro pink 18 inch christmas trees at a store priced $100 each. I loved them but did'nt want to pay that price for so tiny little trees. This year we decided we'll colour our tree orange! After trying on a few tree branches H (hubby dear) found the best way to get the colour is to first spray paint it all white and then add orange and we went for fluoro orange paint. I must admit that painting a plastic tree makes it quite stiff and it is a bit hard to keep the leaves opened and fluffy after the painting but all in all you can achieve the colour ad it looks damn neat all dressed up!



I wasn't sure what coloured tinsel to use and settled for gold in the end which was a good choice as it merges very well with the orange. Silver beaded garland give a pearl effect which goes with my vintage inspiration. I did manage to find some ornaments with vintage santa claus images and these are my favourite ornaments on the tree. The wooden ornaments look really nice as well especially with the white base. I do have some glass ornaments to add but I saving them from my little toddler who might hurt herself if the glass breaks, she is already finding it extremely difficult to keep her hands off the tree!


Our tree looks so bright that it simply doesn't need any lights to brighten up the place so no tree lights this year! A bit of vintage on a very dramatic looking tree, new concept maybe not everyone's cup of tea but we are happy with our tree this year.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for T&C: