Tuesday 3 September 2013

DIY Number Pinata/Prop

My Daughter's first birthday was last week and I spent almost three months preparing for it! I will soon post photos of the party but lets start from some crafts that I did as part of decorations. Pinatas are not really for one year olds but I just feel they are such a big part of a birthday party that I did something similar and made a table centre piece for the buffet.



Here are some of the pics of how I made it with step by step instructions.

1. Take two cardboard sheets or carton which is of the same length as the pinata you want to make. I used an old packaging from one of Elina's toys and used the reverse side which was brown.


2. Draw  and cut out the number that you want on two pieces of cardboard. As these will make the front and back side of your pinata, ensure that these are the same length and width.



3. Use a sticky tape or a masking tape and join both sides with strips of cardboard which will make the width of the pinata. The cardboard pieces joining both sides must be of equal width.


4. Cover your cardboard pinata with foil or any colored paper as you like. You can even cover it with tissue paper fringes to make a traditional pinata.

 5. Stick the cupcake wrappers on your foil covered pinata in the order and color of your choice. I used all purpose glue to stick them and turned the cupcake wrapper inside out so that the colored side was on the front. This would look good with printed or dotted cupcake wrappers as well!


If I haven't been very clear in my instructions then please visit this link http://ohhappyday.com/2013/06/watermelon-pinata-diy/ 
for step by step picture instructions for a watermelon pinata.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for T&C: