Wednesday 11 December 2013

Almond Cookies Recipe

Baking cookies is really worth the effort when you have a little one who is running around the kitchen as she smells the delicious cookies being baked! This has been by far the most successful bake ever as Elina really did enjoy these almond cookies. It's a recipe I once read in a magazine and each time I make them they taste a little different. This time I used freshly grounded almonds instead of the store bought almond meal, you can taste the difference!
Baking cookies is so simple and yet if the recipe is not good you end up with a jar full of cookies no one wants to touch, so I keep the recipe every time I bake a good batch. 

Here are the very first variety of cookies for Santa this christmas, I better get a present this year as these are delicious. I must admit I have never left cookies for santa (maybe that is why he never left me a present) but when I watch the santa clause movies I feel like doing it, ah can't really be bothered. Maybe Elina would like to do it when she is a bit older who know or she might just turn around and say "Santa at the mall was so mean that I don't want to leave him cookies" ouch! Kids are getting smarter but I would still like to keep some stories just as they should be for children to enjoy always.


Ingredients:

1 cup Rice Flour
2 cups Ground almond
1/2 cup raw sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1 table spoon ice cold water
You can use blanched almonds for decoration.
Nutmeg to sprinkle if you like

Recipe:

1. Preheat oven at 350° F or 180° C
2.  Mix all dry ingredients together
3. add butter and start kneading into a dough
4. squeeze in the ice cold water and make a dough
5. roll one table spoon of dough into balls and flatten lightly on top
6. you can use almonds on top at this point or just sprinkle some nutmeg and make an impression with a heart shaped cookie cutter like I did.
7. Bake in the oven on a lined baking tray for 10-12 minutes or until the top becomes delicately brown
8. Allow them to cool on a wire rack and tuck in!



Simple and delicious and best of all they are gluten free, so get baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for T&C: