Tuesday 24 December 2013

Christmas Dinner Party


Nothing shouts christmas more than tinsel, it's true! When I was trying to think of the decorations for my christmas dinner party, H said there has to be tinsel and so it is bling and E loves it. E likes everything shiny and when there is so much glitter all around she is the happiest person at home. I hosted a small dinner party last weekend and didn't end up making most of the items on my menu as ran out of time so quickly, but my gracious guests were happy for a relaxing evening. H hung some lights like a fencing around us and tinsel wreaths and doily pompoms hung from the ceiling. I found a really nice vintage inspired printed fabric to sew the table runners and nut crackers for table centre pieces. I made napkin ties from ribbon and pinched out vintage images. It is easy when you have friends who love everything you do, as they encourage and appreciate everything you do and I am really lucky to have awesome friends.


This wreath was for E's room, I added some gold tissue paper fan rosettes on a ring and santa image in the centre of the ring with gold ribbons in between the rosettes. All other wreaths are made from tinsel on a wire ring, it is real simple idea and easy to execute.


Star of the evening was the chocolate trifle, very christmassy with the cherries on top. The trifle is layers of chocolate cakes, whipped cream with orange zest, thick chocolate custard and cherry syrup. I made the cherry syrup with fresh cherries cooked in butter, some sugar and orange juice. Shave some of your favourite chocolate and top up with some whole cherries.



Happy Christmas to all and Enjoy making delicious treats....live a little x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for T&C: