Thursday 26 December 2013

A dress for Christmas

It is really hard not to make something glamorous for E on a special day, so I made her a dress for Christmas. In the market kids party dresses are either polyester or really plain cotton, neither of those are to my taste. I must admit I am not a great pattern maker but I manage somehow. E has quite a varied taste she loves her monster trucks just as much as a pretty dress, to early to decide if she is a girly girl or not, but I am happy with the fact that she is happy with everything around her. E wasn't still for a minute during the chrissy dinner so I took these pictures the morning after and she was yawning all along so a front pose was out of question! 



I used cotton fabric with golden star prints for the dress, added some sheen with a star printed tissue as waistband and bow at the back. To give touch of red for christmas I used some satin rosettes on the front of the dress. Didn't really get the time to sew the button at the back in time for party and I still have to hem the neckline facing at the back opening. I didn't want to make it a snug fit for E so that it hangs down loose and comfy on her body.


The dress might not be stitched to perfection but atleast E was happy to wear it at her age and that is what matters to me. It was worth the effort when my bubby wanted to wear it from the very first time she laid eyes on it, straight off the sewing machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for T&C: