Wednesday 23 April 2014

Simple to Sew Skirts for little ones

Layering up for winter is the only thing that makes me love the season. So much texture to explore and so many ways to wear your favourite dress or skirt. I find making clothes for E easier as for one she never complains about how it has turned out to be and also she is so tiny that it feels like I'm stitching doll clothes. I made two panelled skirts for E both similar techniques but slightly different fit. 


This one has an elasticated waist and is more fuller as compared to the other skirt. I did get a bit lazy and did not change my thread for the ric rac but for some reason I'm liking the contrast stitching on the broad lace. I liked this ric rac lace so much that I have bought this lace in a few different colours, I might have to find more innovative ways of using it.



I've used three different fabrics for this skirt, two of which are just different colour ways of the same print. The pocket is actually the placket of one of my old shirt, the button is not functional but the pocket is. To finish the hem I used a fabric binding which goes well with the striped pocket.


I must admit that I'm not a very good seamstress as I'm very impatient to see the final product. As I do have quite a few lined up for winter I might have to learn to be patient and sharpen my skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for T&C: