Friday 11 April 2014

Easter Egg Decorated with Fabric


This very rainy and very cold weather couldn't have come on a better time, perfect to decorate some easter eggs! E and I painted some foam eggs just for fun and I made some more serious ones with chocolate inside. I have fallen in love with printed fabric and I'm kind of trying to build up my stash, well only if I stop using what I buy on almost everything. There is an amazing japanese technique to wrap fabric around round objects and you can find the instructions to cover your egg with fabric here . It is simple and I think if you spend a bit more time than I did you can probably do it more neatly. I do like the idea of a handmade look which is not so perfect which is why I love these fabric covered eggs.



I used plastic eggs and filled them with chocolates before covering them with fabric. Just to add a bit more to the pretty eggs I wrapped some twisted raffa around the ends or just in the middle. If you prefer a bit of lustre then a coat of Mod Podge is a good idea. Also, smaller prints on fabric will work better than larger patterns. Get creative with ribbons and sparkles or try a bunny face on one of them.




Add a bit of personal as well as crafter's touch to any holiday season and it just uplifts your spirit and gets in the mood to celebrate. Something special for easter egg hunt this year! Enjoy the chocolates x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for T&C: