Thursday 14 November 2013

Nautical Themed Party

This is a very special party I planned as it is for one of my favourite baby boy Vihaan. He is adorable and very close to my heart just like his parents. When I was thinking about themes for his Birth Announcement party all I could think of was whether he would like his pictures when he grows up or not as I sure want to be a cool aunt! My husband was super excited when I told him that it would be a nautical theme and I want him to make a boat. Yes, I did want him to make a boat to display drinks for the party. Vihaan's dad, who doesn't say much was really excited to see the boat taking shape, I could see he had just realised how much fun he can have with his boy. So hubby dear made a fantastic boat and added a spoiler at the back just to jazz it up, only problem being the boat wouldn't stand with the spoiler at one end. He was really disappointed that the spoiler had to be removed to the back of the boat for support. The next much loved idea I had was to add a fishing net over and behind the food tables in the marquee. The boys loved it and we decided to add some miniature rum bottles along with thermocol fishes in the net, I did find a squashed up empty coke can in the net at the end of the party and all the drink bottles were empty too quite obviously! The colour scheme for the decorations was navy,red and white. This is the same party from my previous post Nautical Themed Cake so I haven't added cake pictures for this post.
I added fringes made from tissue paper on white paper lantern that I bought from the $ store and then we added some solar lights inside as the party was in the evening. I made star fishes with fringed tails from party hats these hung in between two paper lanterns. I used cardsheets to create the pom pom fishes, they might look nice with googly eyes as well.
 Fishing net with fishes which were printouts on thermocol. Here is the Boat my hubby dear made and I am so proud of his craftsmanship as it looked just amazing! Vihaan can use it for his room to keep his books and toys as long as it is screwed to the wall. I made an anchor with streamers on the wall inside as well as in the marquee.

 The Blue dolphin looked great part of the decor and I am in love with the polka dot balloons. A kids party is not fully accomplished if there are no balloons, just looking at the little ones' faces make it worthwhile. I had to have some AHOY buntings since it is a nautical theme.

Food was amazing and I was able to enjoy it as I didn't do any cooking that day! Vihaan's dad is an amazing cook and he cooks meat exceptionally well.Although he had organised for catering for this party we forced him to cook chicken as he is so good at it, I'm glad we did.
Chevron partyware looked splendid on the waves printed table cloth and I made a "V" shaped table centrepiece with cardboard and cupcake wrappers. Some clean seashells on the tables around the plates added to the decor.


 This is the invitation for the party. I kept it just in tune with the decor, handmade invitations are my favourite and just a little addition of ribbon lifts up the whole invite. I didn't  do these graphics myself just played around with the pictures I found on this website http://www.aweddingstoryblog.com/ really grateful to the awesomely generous blogger out there as it makes it easier to celebrate themed events.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for T&C: