Sunday 24 November 2013

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special

Doctor Who is one of our family favourite TV shows, there is drama, action, sci-fi, adventure all in one. The most exciting television experience ever and it has completed 50 years now! Time travel would be so interesting and dangerous (not so with the time lord!) that I so wish that someone would make this possible in my lifetime. 
We are crazy about Doctor Who gadgets, aliens and especially the Tardis. We spent this weekend watching the 50th Anniversary special with coffee and the most moist butter cake I baked. I had to mark this occasion with some handiwork of my own so I decorated a onesie for Elina. Well what better memorabilia could I have given my daughter! I also printed out some quotes and put them in frames to create simple yet expressive wall arts. 




The doctor's fan looks absolutely divine in the red bow, searching for her screwdriver. Beware Daleks and run for cover Master, the doctor is here!

It is so simple to make this onesie that you can make more than one version. You will need some fabric paint, an old tooth brush,paper cutter, fabric and sewing thread to make the bow.

Really simple steps:

1. Print out the pattern you want to spray paint. Doc Who logo for starters.
2. Cut out the pattern such that the design you want to print has been cut out (negative part). The middle part of "D" was detached after cutting out the motif so I stuck it in the centre with sticky tape.
3. Place the stencil on the t-shirt or onesie, use a card paper on the inside of the onesie to prevent any colour leaks. Also cover the exposed clothing with some rough paper.
4. Spray fabric paint on the stencil with toothbrush. Do not use water.
5. Remove the stencil carefully and let the motif dry.
6. Make a gorgeous bow preferably with red fabric and attach it to the onesie.



Here is the butter cake I baked with chocolate frosting and Jaffa for the love of the Doctor who has saved mankind on numerous occasions. I heart The Doctor ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for T&C: