Wednesday 13 November 2013

Nautical Themed Cake

My fascination with the wide ocean goes way back to my days in Mumbai but my love for all things nautical grew when I moved to Australia. There are so many beautiful art and crafts that are on display in any beachside small town all around Australia. The lighthouses are just like my school text books, majestic,serene and white! I still smile looking at a beautiful sea shell on the beach and try and keep myself from touching a beautiful jelly fish floating in the water. It is all so beautiful and calm about life around sea.

When I was planning my good friend's baby boy's Birth Announcement Party, nautical was the first theme that came to my mind. When it's nautical the colour scheme has to be navy and white, I added red to add some fun to the colour scheme. I made the cake as ocean waves with a tiny sail boat as the cake topper. A sailor duck sailing a boat in the very blue ocean was the cake which sat perfectly in a nautical themed party.
I used the newborn's gorgeous picture as the cup cake topper on the red velvet cupcakes. A giant golden foil balloon in "V" shape, first letter of baby's name, made a contrasting backdrop to a blue and white colour scheme. It took me a while to get the waves in order but I was pleased with the end result. I just added some white stars for star fish on the waves and yellow heart at both ends of Baby's name. The sails needed to be delicate a light so I used tissue paper to make them instead of fondant.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for T&C: