Thursday 7 November 2013

Dress and Decor for Diwali this year

I promise that this is the final post about Diwali this year! I have given you my readers an insight into my crafty festive world of  diwali through my previous posts and this is the conclusion. I had to make an Indian dress or Lehenga for my daughter so that she would look just the part and she did look gorgeous in red! It is hard to do indian embroideries when you can't find the right materials for embroidery and most of them are quite expensive here as compared to India. So I picked up an Indian printed fabric and used it to appliqué on red silk. It is a peacock feather print which I cut around the outline and then hand appliquéd on the bottom of the skirt. Embellished it with copper coloured sequins and finally added a contrasting green silk on the hem. I used the peacock printed fabric for the back of the sleeveless blouse.
 Doesn't she look gorgeous!! Dressing Elina up is easier than accessorising her as she loves to play with bangles and shoes more than wearing them. Although I don't think she needs much accessorising. Here are some pictures of how I decorated diyas and candles around the house on Diwali this year. i always have to have floating candles with flowers every year as I just absolutely love this combination. This year I used a blue coloured bowl filled with water with contrasting pink flowers.
These globes are from my daughter's Pinwheel birthday party and I have just added golden glitter on these globes to blend in with the festive colours. I just loved these shapes so much that didn't want them going waste and guess this is a good way to use them as well.


Hope you enjoyed Diwali this year, even if you don't celebrate it my intention was to spread the festive spirit all around with these posts. So I hope it was a happy experience for you and you would use some of these ideas too.

2 comments:

Messages for T&C: