Saturday 22 November 2014

Wooden Cave Puzzle

Finally H made one of the wooden puzzles I have been nagging him for months now. I am a happy girl and E said to H "you made it!" Ever since H has taken over woodworking seriously I have been making my lists of things needed to be made and something or the other happens and my list gets pushed back, but with long sunny summer days I have gently brought back my list. I drew this puzzle freehand for H and he cut it out from pine using his latest tool, the scroll saw, yes I have to buy him tools if I want something made!


E enjoys wooden toys, I think it has something to do with the time she spends with her dad in his workshop. Every time she goes in the workshop with dad she picks up blocks of wood and starts to make something of her own and tells her dad "Enna making something". She likes wooden puzzles and I have few for her but for the more basic ones I had given H the order which he delivered finally. This cave puzzle is simple but yet complexed as I made it a bit more curvy, which made finishing it a bit harder as well.


H cut the pieces out of wood and I helped him sand the edges and then we stained the wood together. We spent a nice warm sunny afternoon doing things we like doing, making stuff for E. I haven't been keep very well lately so this toy was a much needed mood lifter!





I couldn't keep myself from photographing it from all possible angles and as many as pictures as I could take without making it a very long post. The finish on these puzzle pieces is so smooth that I am very comfortable with E playing and handling it as she likes. I hope H continues making all the toys on my list, soon before E outgrows them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for T&C: