Tuesday 11 November 2014

Table Top Christmas Tree (Paper Craft)

Another year and another Christmas is just six weeks away! Where does time fly, it feels like just yesterday I was posting some christmas crafts and now here I am with more fresh ideas! I always like to start with paper crafts as they are so simple and you can see the end result almost instantly. there are so many beautiful printed card stock papers available that it just makes life so much more easier if you have a good collection of them or better still buy what you need and save the leftover bits, there are great for birthday cards. This style of making table top is probably something I remember from my school days, I saw them recently at a kids christmas crafts workshop and I just had to make some with E. I must say that it was a "It's my glue stick mum" and "can I can I" well I wouldn't expect anything more than this from a two year old with a glue stick in her hand. 




What you need

Some card stock paper plain and printed
Glue stick
Paper cutter
Ruler
Magnetic strips, 
(I used the fridge magnet from advertising material I get in mail)

How to 
These paper pyramids or trees are really simple to make but a bit hard to explain in words so I hope the pictures below will be helpful in understanding.
Cut three squares from plain card stock paper of same size. I used 10 cm squares for the small tree. Now cut three printed paper squares of same size and cut then diagonally through the centre. Fold the plain paper squares in half diagonally and paste the printed papers on one side as shown in the pictures below. 


Now paste the printed paper overlapping the plain side of another square paper as shown in picture below. all three squares will be overlapping such that the printed side is over the plain side. now paste the magnetic strip on the plain side of the last square and under the printed side of the first square as shown below. Make the tree stand by closing the magnetic strip opening and making the tree stand upright.


  You can add some paper flag or a message to the front of the tree. These can be gifted instead of cards and you can write your message on the inside. Use any printed or plain combination of papers ad create something special.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for T&C: