Friday 5 December 2014

Carrot Cake recipe tested

Baking is very therapeutic and rewarding when your little one likes to help you in the process and enjoys the result since "they" made it! I like trying new recipes all the time and it is about time I write about how good this recipe is. I feel baking is very precise and if you don't follow your recipe as it is you might not be getting the same result as intended. If I am to make any changes at all I just add a little bit more flavour but that is all I do unless I have tried it more than one time and feel that it could do with a bit of alteration. This carrot cake recipe is one of my favourites as it does use cinnamon and nutmeg like I would like and especially at this time of the year also it uses yogurt which makes this cake super moist. Also, I completely agree that this cake tastes better the next day when all the flavours have seeped through perfectly. Carrots and walnuts marry so beautifully together like there is nothing that can taste this good, I do like walnut and chocolate cake!



It is that time of the year when you have guests dropping in or neighbours making a quick visit and what you need is something ready to serve with tea. This cake is just perfect for it or for the evenings at the park with little one. Easy to make as well and keeps well in the fridge for upto 5 days (if it lasts that long!)


I tried another new recipe for vanilla cake  as well, the recipe is good but I think I overcooked my cake a bit which made it a bit dry. I thought it was a bit eggy in taste for me so I added some orange zest which definitely has enhanced the flavour. Hope you enjoy these recipes and let me know how did your cakes turn out!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages for T&C: